Headache relief tips and natural ways to deal with the annoyance of a headache. Although headaches are very rarely a cause for concern, they are definitely annoying and make your daily life difficult. Headache is one of the most common pains experienced by people, with experts claiming that regular headaches affect as much as 20% of the general population.
And while there are medication solutions to relieve the symptoms of a headache, you can also try some natural ways to feel better.
Headache relief tips
A cold compress can help reduce the symptoms of a headache. Applying cold or frozen compresses to the neck or scalp area constricts blood vessels, helping to reduce pain. You can make a cold compress by filling a waterproof bag with ice and wrapping it in a soft towel. Apply the compress to the neck and where you feel pain for immediate relief.
Inadequate hydration can lead to headaches, with studies suggesting that chronic dehydration is a common cause of headaches and migraines. Drinking water has been shown to relieve headache symptoms in most dehydrated people within 30 minutes to 3 hours. Dehydration can also cause irritation, making your symptoms look even worse. To avoid dehydration headaches, make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Dangerous to drink cold water in hot weather
- Why is it worth drinking water every morning as soon as we wake up]
- Drinking water will help cope with dark circles under the eyes
- Water consumption enhance slimming?
Get enough sleep
Lack of sleep can be detrimental to your health in many ways and even cause headaches. One study compared the frequency and severity of headaches in those who slept less than 6 hours per night and in those who slept more, finding that those who slept less had more frequent and severe headaches. However, excessive sleep has also been shown to cause headaches. Therefore, make sure you get 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
Enjoy a relaxing massage
Even if you do not have the opportunity to enjoy a massage from someone else, you can massage your own neck and ear lobes. In fact, it is a good idea to massage during your bath, applying light pressure to the areas where you feel discomfort.
See also, Make the best oil for a relaxing massage
- The chamomile is ideal to combat headaches, seen as repressive anxiety and tension. Pour a teaspoon of the herb into a cup of boiled water and leave it covered for 8-10 ′.
- Lavender flowers have calming, antispasmodic, and relaxing properties. Make a lavender drink to relieve pain and relax. Caution: it is recommended to avoid consuming lavender during pregnancy.
- The mint has analgesic, sedative, and antispasmodic properties and can also help to relieve the headache. However, it is best to avoid it if you have heavy bleeding on the days of menstruation.
Share ” Headache relief tips and natural ways” with others.