Nutritional value of ice cream. It is the most popular dessert of the summer. Young and old adore it. It has fanatical and passionate fans. Wich one; But of course ice cream.
But what is ice cream and what are its ingredients?
According to the Food and Beverage Code (CCP), Article 137, ‘Ice cream’ means products made by mixing or milking – of the species and categories referred to in Articles 79 and 80 of the CC. And, in combination, either fruit juice with natural sweetening matter and other substances explicitly included in this chapter after coagulation by freezing this homogenized mass.
The composition and raw materials used in the manufacture of ice cream depending on its quality and type. In general, the raw materials used are milk, eggs, cocoa, butter, cream, sweeteners, fruit juices, stabilizers, emulsifiers, colors, flavors. In addition, various additives are used such as chocolate pieces, chocolate syrup, chocolate imitation, nuts, fruit syrups, candy, fruit pieces and more.
Ice cream and its nutritional value
Ice cream contains proteins (with a high biological value of 95%), fats (0-13 g / 100 g), carbohydrates (20-25 g / 100 g), salts, calcium (high bioavailability), phosphorus, and vitamins A, B1, B2, and B12. On the contrary, it is lacking in iron, vitamin D and C.
Calories cover 5-10% of your daily energy requirement (75-240 g / 100g), 5-10% protein, 8-10% carbohydrate, 10-15% fat , 15-20% of vitamin A, 20% of vitamin B12, and 40% of calcium and phosphorus.
The “pros” of ice cream
It is a misconception that ice cream has no nutritional value, on the contrary, it is a food that contains a lot of nutrients.
– Ice cream is a good source of milk and provides the body with important nutrients such as calcium, riboflavin, phosphorus, protein, magnesium, vitamins B12, A, B6, D, and niacin.
– Ice cream also contains cocoa, nuts, and fruits. Cocoa and nuts contain polyphenols, which are known for their antioxidant activity.
– Most of the protein in ice cream comes from milk and is of high biological value.
– Ice cream fats come from milk fat and increase the energy value of ice cream. Chocolate ice cream has a higher saturated fat content than other ice creams. Not all saturated fatty acids have a negative effect on the lipidemic profile, and an example of this is the stearic acid contained in chocolate.
– Many scientific studies have suggested that ice cream has a strong anxiolytic effect, improves mood and stimulates the body. This is mainly due to milk containing soothing properties.
– Ice cream does not contain and does not require preservatives. By law, preservatives are banned in ice cream.
– Ice cream is a refreshing and enjoyable food and we should not be deprived of it especially in the summer months as long as it is consumed in moderation.
– In recent years diet-type ice creams containing 0% fat and / or sugar substitutes have increased significantly. For example 100g of ice cream with 0% sugar and 0% fat yield 88 Kcal.
– Light-weight ice creams can be consumed fearlessly by diabetics.
– Higher blood sugar levels after eating ice cream are reached 1-11 / 2 hours later. However, ice cream can be a good alternative to a small meal preceding an exercise that requires extra glucose to meet its needs, especially when it is going to take a long time.
The “weaknesses” of ice cream
Ice cream, in addition to being nutrient-rich food, should be consumed in moderation because it can cause some people to over-eat, and the enjoyment of the ice cream can turn into various unpleasant effects for the body such as tonsillitis, obesity, etc.
– Ice cream can be a rich source of calories and needs to be eaten.
– Ice cream contains saturated fat and cholesterol (mainly paraffin).
– Chocolate ice creams have a higher fat content.
– Approved color and aroma enhancers are often used to optimize the organoleptic characteristics of ice cream (in accordance with the Food and Drink Code).
– It is a fragile product and requires constant and valid quality control.
– Ice cream should be stored and refrigerated to protect nutrients and prevent the growth of bacteria or pathogens at all times.
What would you prefer?
Ice-cream has the least calories when it is not coated with chocolate, compared to the “cups”, which outperform both fat and cholesterol, especially the parfait. In contrast, ice cream granite or sorbet contains little or no fat and yields lower calories.
For “bulk” ice creams, different fruit flavors or frozen yogurt yield less calories than parfait or other flavors. Even less calories are light ice creams.
Also know that in order to “spend” the calories of ice cream of around 200 kcal we have to do …
- – Bike 10 km / h for about 30 minutes
- – Run at 5.4 km / h for about 30 minutes
- – Swimming at a fast free rate for about 30 minutes
- – Walk at 3 km / h for about 60 minutes
In conclusion, what needs to be emphasized is that there are no fatty and non-fatty foods. There are only foods that go beyond measure and eating instructions that increase your daily calorie intake and can lead to weight gain.
For ice creams, the frames are more limited, but that does not mean that they are completely banned and excluded from the diet, even during periods of weight loss.
Nutritional value of ice cream
1,120 total views, 2 views today