Foods that increase serotonin. Serotonin is a very important hormone as it affects the mood and quality of your sleep. It also monitors blood pressure levels. Serotonin has the amino acid tryptophan as a building block. Tryptophan is absorbed by food and then transferred to the brain. In brain cells, tryptophan is converted to serotonin. Serotonin deficiency can be treated with proper nutrition or serotonin supplements. Therefore, incorporating tryptophan-containing foods into your diet is very important. Let’s take a quick look at foods that increase serotonin.
10 Foods that increase serotonin
1. Seafood Fatty fish and seafood, such as salmon, tuna, oysters, mussels, and fish oil supplements, are good sources of serotonin.
2. Meat in addition to protein also contains serotonin. Meats, such as beef, pork, turkey, and chicken, contain serotonin and can help to cure it.
3. Eggs Egg white is also an important source of serotonin. Eggs are a food that most of us consume on a daily basis, readily available and pleasant to taste. Keep in mind that it is best to avoid eating too much yolk as it contains a lot of fats that can be detrimental to your heart health.
4. Dairy products such as milk, buttermilk, cheese are a good source of serotonin. Tofu also contains serotonin, in addition to other vitamins and nutrients. In addition, because it is made from soybeans, you also consume soy nutrients when you consume it.
5. Vegetable Vegetables, such as garlic, carrot, asparagus, broccoli, onion and tomato, help increase serotonin. They are also readily available in any grocery store and supermarket.
6. Popcorn Foods that are high in carbohydrates and fiber make you feel relaxed and happy. Popcorn is one such example.
7. Nuts Almonds, peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts all help you increase your serotonin. When consumed daily, they provide iron to your body, they are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which help skin, nail and hair health.
8. Cereals Bran offers you serotonin, helping your body’s cells function properly.
9. Beverages Drinks, such as tea, coffee, cocoa, beer, and wine, are a small source of serotonin. Although they boost serotonin in your body, they should be taken in small quantities because of the caffeine or alcohol they contain.
10. Seeds Seeds are a good source of serotonin. They also contain protein, potassium, zinc, iron, vitamins B, E, magnesium, and calcium. Pumpkin seeds, watermelon seeds, sesame seeds, are some of the seeds that enhance serotonin. Sesame cream, known as tahini, is a good source of serotonin.
Foods that increase serotonin
1,163 total views, 1 views today