The method is detailed in the book Relax and Win: Championship Performance, which was first published in 1981 but has grown in size over the last year. The method involves 4 steps and is used by the US military to help them sleep in harsh conditions such as the battlefield but also to avoid serious mistakes due to fatigue.
Secret to getting us to sleep in 2 minutes
And here’s how to do it:
- Relax all facial muscles, tongue, jaw and muscles around the eyes.
- Throw your hands as low as you can, starting from the shoulders to the bar, one after the other.
- Exhale, loosening the chest first and then the legs (starting from the thighs) and ending at the lower extremities.
- Take 10 seconds to clear your mind before you think about one of the three images below:
- You are lying on a canoe in a calm lake with nothing above you except the crystal clear blue sky
- You are lying on a black velvet in a very dark room
- Say to yourself ‘don’t think, don’t think, don’t think’ for those 10 seconds
If you are not convinced yet, this technique has worked on 96% of people after 6 weeks of training. TIME magazine reports that a 2016 study in 13 countries shows that women are more affected by lack of sleep than men, with 52% of women feeling too tired to work out. Another study from the University of Düsseldorf informs us that even a brief nap of a few minutes is enough to improve our memory.
87 total views, 1 views today